I am a registered and qualified counsellor and psychotherapist with 14 years experience as a therapist including 9 years as a counsellor for government and non-goverment organizations..
I have a generalist counselling and psychotherapy background in private practice and a counselling/ casework background in working for NSW Health and non-government organizations in the areas of chronic illness, drug and alcohol, sexual health, men’s issues, family support, grief and loss, homelessness and generalist counselling.
I currently divide my time between organizational, work where I am currently employed part-time as a counsellor for the Northern NSW Local Health Network, and private practice.
I am in interested in writing and research and have published 3 peer reviewed articles in the areas of the therapeutic relationship, shame, and psychotherapy and spirituality. I also recently won a NSW Health scholarship to undertake research into transformational experiences during Hepatitis C treatment.
My formal qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts (USyd).
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling (UWS).
- Master of Gestalt Therapy. (GTB).
- Graduate Diploma of (Adult) Education. (UniSA).
- Certificate in Somatic Psychotherapy, (426 hrs/2 yrs), (A.S.I.A.).
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE).
I work with:
- Adult individuals.
- Youth over 16yrs.
I have experience and interest in working with:
- Anxiety and stress.
- Depression and low self-esteem.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Men’s issues, (parenting, relationship, identity issues).
- GBLT concerns.
- Grief and loss.
- Trauma and abuse.
- Attachment/relational difficulties.
- Developmental issues.
- Family of origin concerns.
- Somatic/psycho-physiological complaints.
- Life transitions.
- Issues of life-purpose and direction.
- Supporting optimal health and well-being.
- Accessing creativity.
- Growth and self-actualization.
- Spiritual emergence/emergency.
- Integrating the spiritual and the everyday.
I work short and long term with clients. My style is integrative in that I utilize various recognized therapeutic approaches according to client need.
My work is informed by the following therapeutic approaches:
- Emotion focused/process-experiential work.
- Contemporary Gestalt Therapy.
- Trauma work.
- Somatic/embodied approaches.
- Mindfulness and acceptance based practices and inquiry.
- Transpersonal/integral models.
Memberships and professional affiliations:
I am a Clinical Member of CAPA, Counselling and Psychotherapy Association of NSW (Member No. 3825).
I am a Clinical Member of PACFA, Psychotherapists and Counsellors Association of Australia. (PACFA Register No. 21661).
CAPA is a Member Organization of PACFA, the peak body for counsellors and psychotherapists in Australia.
I am bound to the ethical codes of both these associations.
concessions available upon request.